Call Now for an Appointment (973) 383-7415
oseph M. Hoffmann, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Wills, Trusts, Estates & Planning
21 Main Street, Newton, NJ 07860
- Most people choose their spouse with one or more children as alternates. Your executor(s) must be at least 18
years of age but they are not required to be New Jersey residents.
- You can have co-executors. However, your estate legal process
can become cumbersome if you name too many executors.
- You should consider competence, availability and willingness to serve.
- It is important
to choose an executor with integrity, who will be fair, and has some financial or investment capability.
- Financial institutions, banks,
attorneys and accountants can be appointed executor.
- Your executors usually hire both an attorney and accountant for advice, tax returns
and court filings.
- An executor's responsibilities often include funeral arrangements, hiring an attorney and accountant for the estate,
locating real and personal property, notifying insurance companies, filing estate and income tax returns, filing claims with Social
Security and the Veterans Administration and transferring and distributing estate property after all taxes, claims and bills have
- Your executor is entitled to reasonable compensation for services and reimbursement for any expenditures paid on behalf
of processing, distributing and protecting your estate.
- Executors are held to high standards and must account for everything that they
Law Offices of Joseph M. Hoffmann
Attorney at Law
21 Main Street
Newton, New Jersey
© 2012 Joseph M. Hoffmann, Esq. All Rights Reserved
Joseph M. Hoffmann, Esq. is a Lawyer who represents clients in New Jersey and serves:
All of Northern NJ including: Sussex County | Warren County | Morris County | Passaic County | Somerset County | Union County | Newton | Andover | Sparta | Branchville
Morristown | Vernon | Sussex | West Milford | Hopatcong | Rockaway | Dover | Mt. Olive | Hackettstown | Randolph |